THE PREDICTIVE ANALYTICS OPERATION
A Complete Strategic Implementation
of Modern Organizational Analytics
A HOLISTIC APPROACH TO ADVANCE ANALYTIC CAPABILITY
This comprehensive active exposure to the full Modeling Practice Framework™ (see illustration) provides leaders and practitioners with both a strategic and tactical orientation to predictive analytics.
Participants will build an analytic operation in stages to experience the natural messiness of predictive analytics. No other training in the market provides such an immersive, skill-reinforcing and complete view of the practice – particularly with a real-world focus and vendor-neutral perspective.
If you are a business or public sector leader or practitioner looking to propel your organization’s analytic maturity and put predictive analytics to work for measurable gain, then this course is designed for you. You do not need to know how code or have stats experience to participate.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- IT EXECUTIVES AND BIG DATA DIRECTORS: CIOs, CAOs, CTOs, Stakeholders, Functional Officers, Technical Directors and Project Managers who desire to transform their deluge of inert data to actionable assets
- LINE-OF-BUSINESS EXECUTIVES AND FUNCTIONAL MANAGERS: Risk Managers, Customer Relationship Managers, Business Forecasters, Inventory Flow Analysts, Financial Forecasters, Direct Marketing Analysts, Medical Diagnostic Analysts, eCommerce Company Executives
- DATA SCIENTISTS: Who recognize the importance of complementing their tactical proficiency with a strategic planning and design approach to advanced analytics
- TECHNOLOGY PLANNERS: Who survey emerging technologies in order to prioritize corporate investment
- CONSULTANTS: Whose competitive environment is intensifying and whose success requires competency with data mining and related emerging information technologies
KEY SKILLS YOUR TEAM WILL TAKE AWAY IMMEDIATELY
- Plan and manage your predictive modeling projects effectively from the start
- Identify, qualify and prioritize viable and actionable analytic opportunities
- Shift from a limited technology mindset to one of organizational transformation
- Avoid approaches that waste time and expense on doomed analytic projects
- Construct a valid data set and transform data for superior model performance
- Select appropriate methods for each of the four core analytic project types
- Assess the degree to which a model meets a predefined performance objective
- Establish stepwise experimental design for superior predictive model development
- Take a low-risk / high-impact approach to model development with vendor-neutral tool exposure
- Apply a formal roadmap for data preparation, model development and validation of results
- Build an analytics sandbox for rapid model development and reduced IT dependency
- Develop the rare analytic leadership skills to assess, design and oversee actionable projects
- Leave with the resources, contacts and plans to reduce preparation time, costs and risks
THE ORGANIZATIONAL CHALLENGE FOR ANALYTICS
Traditionally, organizations use data retrospectively – to view what has already happened. Leading organizations use data strategically to anticipate behavior to maximize returns and minimize risk. The mining of data for predictive indicators creates invaluable information assets. Predictive analytics differs from traditional analytics because it produces models — models that capture and represent hidden patterns and interactions in the data.
The models that result from such a proactive approach address both why things happened and what is likely to happen next. A user can pose “what-if” questions to an analytic model that cannot be queried directly from a data store. Examples include:
- What is the expected lifetime value of every customer account?
- How can we better target the allocation of organizational resources?
- Which cases should be audited first for the highest propensity of fraud?
- How will production quality be affected if resources and controls change?
The organizations that transform their data into information assets and automate decision-making for measurable gains will realize substantial returns on their data science and big data investments.
WHAT MAKES THIS COURSE UNIQUE
This course provides a methodical, holistic and strategic approach to predictive analytics. Most organizations jump directly into data and tools that tend to produce good models… and their projects fail. They fail because they have not anticipated how to integrate the project in the organization. Those who make the investment to fully assess their environment, situation, resources and objectives across all team members will produce project results that are measurable, accountable, actionable and impactful.
Unlike any other course on the market, the Comprehensive Experience course steps through the full build of an analytic operation within the realistic environment of a large organization. Leaders who take this course will interact more effectively with their teams at the tactical level, while analytic practitioners will complement their existing algorithmic background with a more strategic goal-driven focus.
In the end, the organization will be greatly strengthened with team members who operate within a common platform that makes predictive analytics purposeful and impactful. Those who complete this course will be capable of guiding their organization to build a thriving internal analytic practice with measurable and residual gains.
In the end, the organization will be greatly strengthened with team members who run from a common platform that insists on making predictive analytics purposeful and impactful. This course is intended for those willing to invest in developing skills for superior project design and incremental development to overcome chronic analytic failings. Those who complete this course will be capable of guiding their organization to stand up a thriving internal analytic practice with measurable and residual gains.
Registrants will be required to view a three-hour online video “Core Concepts” orientation prior to attending this event. Access details to the Core Concepts video modules will be shared with participants prior to the start of the course. Prior education or experience in data analytics or statistics is helpful, but not required.
Participants need only supply a laptop computer with Microsoft Excel. Instructions on how to download exercise data and any analytic tools will be provided in the preparatory email. The instructor can assist participants with any preparation during breaks, and before or after class.
- Prerequisite Three-Hour Preparatory Orientation
- View the full Core Concepts Prerequisite Description
- Covered in the Design Course Included with the Comprehensive Course
- View the full Design Course Description
- Initiate Analytic Culture & Mindset Shift
- Refine Team Roles & Responsibilities
- Build Analytic Sandbox
- The Importance of the “Data Recon”
- Effective Collaboration Between Analysts and IT
- Exercise Breakout Session
- Define Performance Benchmarks
- Explore Final Data
- Comparing Data Requirements to Actual Data
- Looking for Potential Problems
- Data Exploration Demonstration
- Prepare Data
- Data Integration
- Data Cleaning
- Data Construction
- Exercise Breakout Session
- Select Candidate Modeling Techniques
- Develop Roll-out Plan for Go-Live
- Covered in the Development Course Included with the Comprehensive Course
- View the full Development Course Description
- Select the Most Strategic Model Option(s)
- Validate Finalist Models
- Prepare Data for Test Deployment
- Data Preparation Steps for Production
- Data Preparation Demonstration
- Measure Lift / ROI / Impact
- The Potential Challenges of Estimating ROI
- Designing an Effective “Dress Rehearsal”
- The Basics of A/B testing
- Exercise Breakout Session
- Test Deployment
- Document Validation Process
- Change Management for New Decision Process
- Streamline Data Preparation for Deployment
- Revisiting Data Prep with an Eye toward Deployment
- Considering Deployment Options
- Data Preparation Demonstration
- Review All Project Functions
- Go Live
- Prepare Final Report
- Conduct Knowledge Transfer
- Create Maintenance Schedule
- Assign Monitoring Responsibilities
- Build Performance Dashboard
- Who Will be in Charge of Monitoring?
- How with the Monitoring Information be Updated?
- Exercise Breakout Session
- Define Criteria for Model Refresh or Replace
- Develop Monitoring & Maintenance Plan
- Putting a Proper Plan and Schedule into Place
- Monitoring Demonstration
- Identify New Data Sources
- Record Changes to Environment and Organization
The Modeling Agency, LLC, is registered with INFORMS (the INstitute For Operations Research and the Management Sciences) as a Recognized Analytics Continuing Educational Provider for the CAP® (Certified Analytics Professional) program. The CAP® credential provides analytics professionals with a means to distinguish themselves and demonstrate to employers, colleagues, and the public that they are knowledgeable analytics professionals. Courses provided by The Modeling Agency, LLC, are automatically accepted by INFORMS when claimed by credential holders as evidence of continuing education. For more information about the CAP® program, including requirements, eligibility, benefits, preparation, and exam dates, please visit the INFORMS website at www.informs.org/certification.
Sign Up Early and Save
Predictive Analytics Webinar
Learn How to Get
Predictive Modeling Off
the Ground and Into Orbit
4pm EDT / 1pm PDT
Why Train With TMA?
“This course is extremely helpful and should be attended by any and all new Data Analysts. It outlines the process completely and thoroughly.”
“This course gave me just what I needed: a clear conceptual idea of how a data mining project is designed and implemented, and the hands-on to gain confidence in the process.”
Market Information Manager
Bank of Hawaii
“This course opened my eyes to the big picture in a practical way. The content of the Project Implementation course was very clear and responsive to my needs. My questions were answered directly and clearly. Exceeded my expectations!”
ITS – Business Solutions
“I would recommend TMA’s Project Implementation course to executives weighing the costs and benefits of such projects within their organizations. Tony approaches the course from a business management perspective and presents the concepts in real-world cases making the task of visualizing use of the process in one’s own business a snap!”
AVP, Information Technology
“The course was very efficient. It imparts new perspectives in the strategic implementation of predictive analysis projects. The instructor was supportive and has extensive experience in this field. I recommend that all data scientists get this course.”
Saudi Credit & Savings Bank
“The ‘Project Implementation’ course successfully takes the broad and complex subject of data mining and organizes and explains it in a very logical and understandable way. The training provides real-life examples of the various aspects of data mining and a proven approach to successfully achieving desired results. I can highly recommend TMA’s Data Mining courses to anyone interested in understanding the broad landscape of data mining and predictive analytics.”
Principal, Technology Services Group
Computer Sciences Corporation
“For a person with no prior predictive analytics knowledge, TMA’s course series is the way to go for comprehensive insights about true predictive analytics implementation. The course details with all phases of a project right from planning to implementation to the deployment stage. The course transforms from a reactive reporting environment to a prescriptive operation.”
Service Delivery Manager, BI/EDW
“As a BI executive and workshop-leader veteran of 40+ years educating over a thousand participants from more than 200 high-profile organizations in the US and abroad, I can attest to the quality, depth and clarity of the presented material and fascinated by The Modeling Agency and the presenters’ experience not found elsewhere.”
“This course was excellent. It was technical and practical. The instructors were just amazing with their knowledge experience and their ability to answer all our inquires, also the resources they provided us with were very helpful. Well done TMA!”
Planning and Program Analyst
“This course gave me a new perspective on techniques and applications software that our federal agency had not previously seen. The course content was great, and the very knowledgeable instructor kept the students attention by using real-life examples and discussion of additional resources. I highly recommend this course!”
US Department of Education
“I was a bit apprehensive about attending and how I could apply data mining concepts to my particular industry, but the instructor put those fears to rest. Highly recommended! Thanks TMA!”
Planner / Analyst
The Mitchell Gold Company