Why Train With The Modeling Agency?
Are These Statements True for You?
- “We have a great deal of data about our customers or process, but we don’t know just what all that data is telling us.”
- “We need a clear starting point and roadmap to plan and manage our data mining projects.”
- “We’re concerned about making costly mistakes if we don’t properly approach predictive analytics.”
- “We’re tired of training programs that only push a certain vendor’s package.”
- “We need to learn the tactics and strategies behind data mining fast to take advantage of opportunities in the marketplace.”
- “We’re looking for real-world examples where others have successfully applied predictive modeling. We’re more focused on impact than theory.”
Clients are Likely to be Successful if…
…they are looking for an intensive, vendor-neutral and non-promotional orientation to data mining best practices, and an approach to predictive analytics which is critical to modeling success. They appreciate that strategic process is just as important as the tactics needed to build predictive models. Plus, they’re not tied to a particular analytical product or method, but open to varied perspectives in building the best analytical process for their company and markets.
Who TMA Trains
TMA works with business practitioners and functional managers in business, industry, government and academia, who have made substantial investments in data collection, storage, retrieval, visualization and basic analysis but may not have technical or analytical experience necessary to chart a roadmap to discover the full potential of their data. They are either not sure where to begin, or have realized their data mining projects fall short of their potential due to flawed or overlooked assessment, project definition and strategic planning specifically for information discovery.
Now that you know the kind of people that attend our training sessions, the issues we help them resolve, and what attendees need to do to ensure their success, learn more about how TMA trains.
How TMA Trains
What’s it like to take courses from The Modeling Agency? In this section, you will understand TMA’s guiding principles toward implementation success, approach to training, and how we’re different than other companies that offer data mining training.
- When you take our training courses, you can expect to see real-world applications and cases from a business perspective. This helps you and your team more easily visualize how predictive modeling can be effectively used in your business. TMA’s real life examples not only make predictive modeling easier to understand, but gives you a sense of the strategy necessary to structure your data mining projects and leverage the valuable information in your data.
- Along with de-mystifying data mining, our courses are guaranteed to get you up to speed quicker than any other training program available. TMA’s highly experienced trainers guide you through an interactive series of courses that are well-organized and called “first rate” by our many satisfied participants.
- Don’t fall for the false promises of on-line training for predictive analytics. You may save a buck or two, but at the end of the day you will only have gained a superficial orientation to the subject. TMA has purposely not produced on-line courseware since the on-line channel cannot effectively convey the nuances of a discovery process, ensure attendance accountability, sustain adequate interactivity, adjust for the pace and depth of the classroom, distribute experience efficiently across the group and reinforce the skills from which to effectively launch your own process or practice.
- Enjoy an unrestricted view of data mining. You will be exposed to proven perspectives from a non-vendor point of view. Numerous popular data mining solutions are utilized in the training… not to showcase tools, but to illustrate methods and demonstrate live applications. TMA’s unbiased approach will guide you through the many options and strategies available that meet your needs…not the interests of a particular software vendor or solution provider.
- Dive into predictive analytics without fear. If you are apprehensive about how to evaluate and approach predictive analytics for your particular industry, you can be assured that you will walk away with a wealth of resources that will remove the mystification around predictive modeling. The results will produce substantial efficiencies and gains. Here’s just a sampling of the many benefits of applying predictive modeling across industries:
- Targeting the optimal allocation of operational resources
- Ways to acquire more customers who will perform like your most profitable customers
- Optimizing agronomic indicators for treatments that will maximize crop yield
- Accuracy improvements to inventory forecasting
- Anticipating who is about to leave as a customer and the most effective treatment to retain
- Focus auditing efforts for more effective loss prevention, etc.
How TMA is Unique – and The Best at What We Do
At TMA’s Predictive Analytics and Data Mining courses, participants directly experience the natural messiness of predictive modeling and learn first-hand how to overcome common yet elusive pitfalls that plague the majority of implementations at the project level. Beyond building superior models, attendees learn how to plan and manage data analytics projects effectively from the start. Through structured case-driven demonstrations and guided work-alongs, practitioners and leadership alike will turn data mining best practices into impactful next practices.
And TMA’s training is vendor-neutral. So, the view of predictive modeling is not restricted to any particular method – yet TMA’s faculty is proficient in the landscape of commercial and open-source data mining tools. Real life demonstrations not only make predictive modeling easier to understand, but also reveal the strategy necessary to stand up successful projects and internal predictive modeling practices.
This knowledge and skill reinforcement will place your organization months – if not years ahead in data mining research, planning and development, while virtually eliminating implementation risk through an incremental development approach not conveyed in any other training program.
Register With Confidence
The Modeling Agency has provided training and solutions for hundreds of highly recognizable organizations and is registered with the highly esteemed NASBA as a CPE sponsor. TMA’s courses are represented by major training resellers and listed on the federal GSA schedule. Many commercial organizations and government agencies have invited TMA to return multiple times for on-site productions.
Four team members on TMA’s faculty have worked together in this very capacity — continuing to evolve the training content and series design since 1991. TMA’s entire faculty contributes to a master deck of training material from which the best of breed in each topic is drawn for production and new material is strictly vetted. The unique experience of each trainer is represented in TMA’s collective resources.
The Predictive Analytics and Data Mining course series design is thereby highly effective and impactful for a comprehensive view of the practice. And the Strategic Implementation course is the only one of its kind in the industry – focusing on data mining success at the project and practice level – where most real-world implementations fall short.
Still not ready?! Sign up to take part in a one-hour live interactive free webinar entitled “Data Mining: Failure to Launch” with our primary instructors.
Data Mining Webinar
Information Computing Sciences
US Department of Education
AVP, Managed Care Analytics
Health Smart Preferred Care
Wage and Investment Research
Internal Revenue Service