COURSE SERIES OVERVIEW
INDEPENDENT COURSES OR A PROGRESSIVE SERIES
This training curriculum is designed to prepare practitioners and leadership to efficiently build lasting skills and capabilities in data analytics and predictive modeling, and to advance their organization’s analytic maturity.
The courses accommodate all skill levels and analytic team roles in order to establish a common, purposeful platform and methodical approach to actionable and measurable analytics. Each course encapsulates current practice experience from a highly seasoned faculty of senior consultants – many of whom have worked together in this field since the early 1990s.
Beyond reviewing the individual course description pages, it is important to understand how each course is conveyed in contrast to the others; how they fit together as a progression; and how each can be attended independently given its specific focus. You may then select the right course(s) and delivery for your experience, role and objectives.
DATA ANALYTICS OR PREDICTIVE ANALYTICS – OR BOTH?
The first event in the series, “Transforming Data to Decisions” is an optional two-day course that serves three primary purposes:
- Provide a basic introduction to core statistical and analytical methods — those that will be referenced and extended in the Predictive Analytics and Data Mining course series
- Establish a 6-Phase Model Development Methodology for data analytics to transform large amounts of inert data into goal-driven intelligence for actionable and measurable impact
- Address chronic communication issues and dysfunction between practitioners and leadership that plague the majority of analytic implementations
Participants will learn the core analytical techniques that focus on the general tendencies of the distribution before moving on to the low-occurrence / high-impact transactions at the tails of the distribution that are revealed by predictive analytics.
The Transforming Data to Decisions course is a great way for those concerned about jumping directly into the Predictive Analytics & Data Mining courseware to establish a solid platform and track more effectively.
TRAINING SERIES DESIGN AND PROGRESSION
Depending on your existing experience, role and objectives, you may choose to attend any specific independent course, or jump in at any point in the progression. Should you desire support in making the right selection, reach out directly to a sales representative for consultation.
All training sessions cycle through periods of lecture, case demonstrations, and implementation workshops in this format:
Brief lecture segments that present analytic methods, techniques and strategies in the context of true organizational challenges
Application tips, tricks and case examples that translate Issues into actionable content leveraged by the instructor’s seasoned experience in real-world implementations
Live demonstrations with work-along exercises that allow participants to directly experience and implement Issues and Insights to apply back at the office
You will receive a comprehensive set of course material that includes:
- Notes. A wealth of written notes for each Issues / Insights / Illustrations topic that services as a process guide and implementation resource.
- Slides. All instructor presentation slides positioned adjacently to the corresponding notes.
- Excel Workbook. Numerous Excel sheets populated not just with lab data, but templates for stepping through the full 6 Stage Model Development Methodology. The resulting session files are yours to keep, reference and develop further.
- Resources. A broad resources section with glossary, recommended books, Linkedin groups, associations, conferences, commercial and open-source software and on-line communities.
- Certification. On the course evaluation form, select a paper or Adobe .pdf certificate. Certification is based upon tested comprehension and ability:
- Certificate of Completion
- Certificate of Merit*
- Certificate of Basic Proficiency** Strategic Implementation Course Only
- Accreditation. Each course is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit.
On-line training certainly has its advantages and conveniences. But if you have the option to attend Classroom training, make every effort to attend at the physical site. You’ll receive greater immersion, concentration and interaction with the instructor and other participants. Classroom events are hosted at first-tier venues and luxurious properties.
If you cannot support the travel time or cost for Classroom training, you will receive the most progressive and engaging On-line training available. After a four-hour asynchronous Core Concepts lecture, the live interactive On-line events proceed through cycles of short lecture, then demonstration and work-along break-out sessions. The sessions step through the 6-Phase Model Development Methodology. These segments are interlaced with polling that steers the approach in future work-along sessions so that participants may directly experience what really works, what doesn’t and why.
ADVANTAGES OF EACH TRAINING MODE:
- Isolation. It’s hard to be reprioritized when you’re off-campus.
- Concentration. You are removed from office distractions and temptations.
- Closer Collaboration. Participants with similar interests can interact directly beyond the active training hours.
- Direct Instructor Access. Instructors are very accessible outside of class time and pleased to join attendees for lunch and dinner to provide extended guru sessions.
- Luxurious Venues. These courses are produced at top-tier properties. View the site details of the upcoming scheduled events to see each premier setting.
- Convenience. Formal training in pajamas — if you’re into that.
- Cost Savings. No travel expenses which are increasingly hard to come by.
- Time Savings. No planes, trains or automobiles.
- Extended Pace. Shorter training days over a longer timeframe avoid saturation and allow for greater content retention.
- High Interaction. Frequent demonstrations, break-out workshops, polling and open microphone question sessions eliminate the typical on-line training monotony and provide a close feel to the physical classroom.
- Customization. Your group. Your topics. Instructors can tailor examples and general delivery to target your areas of interest.
- Convenience. Production at your location, and on your terms.
- Volume Savings. On-Site productions enjoy combined discounts for number of training days and number of participants.
DAILY SCHEDULE FOR PREDICTIVE ANALYTICS SERIES
The tables below display the weekday distribution of the Predictive Analytics & Data Mining series courses and process model phase coverage for both classroom and on-line productions.
7.5 Training Hours per Day
On-line training is limited to five hours daily to accommodate multiple time zones in each region and provide time daily to address ongoing office workloads. On-line training does not take place on Fridays.
4.5 Training Hours per Day
Call (888) 742-2454 or send an email inquiry to receive a quotation
or Letter of Intent for tailored training at your site.
Sign Up Early and Save
Data Mining Webinar
Why Train With TMA?
“Both instructors in the series did a fantastic job of getting me up to speed in predictive analytics much faster than any book (or probably any other training class or conference) available.”
Knowledge-Based Systems Engineer
Compliance Technologies, Inc.
“Great presentation and summarization of predictive analytics. I sat through two days of the Predictive Analytics World conference and got less from that than I received if the first two hours of this course. Thanks!”
“This course gave me a new perspective on techniques and applications software that our federal agency had not previously seen. The course content was great, and the very knowledgeable instructor kept the students attention by using real-life examples and discussion of additional resources. I highly recommend this course!”
US Department of Education
“The wealth of information covered in these courses, as well as the in-depth demonstrations of multiple software packages, made the sessions valuable from a wide range of perspectives. I will certainly recommend that others attend.”
AVP, Managed Care Analytics
Health Smart Preferred Care
“This class gives the Statistician a bunch of new tools to use in solving business problems. Once the limitations of statistics are reached, grab this data mining tool belt. You will be surprised how much further you can get.”
Wage and Investment Research
Internal Revenue Service
“Upon taking TMA’s Predictive Analytics courses, I could immediately feel the difference since I struggled earlier with a similar on-line course offered by an established public university. There is no comparison between the dedicated, interactive instructor-led course and an on-line class. The added benefit is an end-to-end data mining process that insists on actionable results–those that are truly understood by leadership.”
“The instructor and course material are first rate. Any organization that believes data mining should be a part of their business operations portfolio would be making a wise investment by attending this course.”
Information Computing Sciences
“The instructor was great and the instructor was very knowledgeable. It was just at the right level, not to general and not too technical.”